I like to reinterpret PR. Why limit PR to Public Relations when PR can be Puerto Rico, Punk Rock, Peter Rabbit, Pepperoni Ravioli, Practically Ready, or Performance Results?
What is practically ready?
Modifying Merriam-Webster’s Definitions practical somewhat, here’s what it might mean to be “practically ready” for @Midwest.
Practically adv ˈprak-ti-k(ə-)lē
- in a practical manner practically at solutions – the theme of the conference>
- almost, nearly <practically everyone – all the world>
Ready adj ˈre-dē
- prepared mentally or physically for some experience or action b : prepared for immediate use ready to learn>
- willingly disposed : inclined <ready to agree to take action> b : likely to do something indicated ready to build>
- displayed readily and spontaneously ready wit in twitter updates>
- immediately available ready cash or ROI>
- Only open email or social networks when you intend to communicate with a purpose.
- Know who you are and what you want to say.
- Map express routes that reach more of the right people more often.
- Surround yourself with greatness and model the actions those folks take.
- Venture outside of social media circles and find people you can help in other places.
- Stick with social media types who share information you need to advance.
- Train your voice – and raise it!
- Don’t look down, look up and jump.
- See what success means and follow the route to your destination.
- Spend some time getting to be practically ready so you’ll feel confident about achieving performance results.
How about you – how do you go from being practically ready into achieving performance results?